All of the Access suite of products (Access Medicine, Cardiology, Emergency Medicine, Neurology, ObGyn, Pediatrics, and Surgery) have practice questions that are associated with specific books in each product. Access Medicine has practice questions for both clinical and basic sciences. Below are some numbers that you may find interesting.
- Access Cardiology (268 questions)
- Access Emergency Medicine (3,075 questions)
- Access Medicine (over 7,500 questions)
- Access Neurology (3,639 questions)
- Access ObGyn (4,352 questions)
- Access Pediatrics (5,346 questions)
- Access Surgery (3,610 questions)
To view and answer questions, you must first setup a My Access Profile. This is free under our license. To set it up follow these steps:
- Click on the Sign In link in the upper right and select Create a Free MyAccess Profile.
- Signing up requires you to provide your name and email, to select a username and password, and to select a profession and specialty.
- Once you have created your account, you can use it throughout all Access suite products.
To view and practice exam questions, use the main menu at the top of the Access resource. In some resources, it is called Review Questions and in others you must first select Study Tools from the menu and then select Review Questions from the drop-down menu.
For example, if you use Access Medicine, select Study Tools, and then from the drop-down menu, select Review Questions. You can scroll through the list to select the book/questions you want or select a general category from the sidebar menu. Selecting Pharmacology, gives the option of 806 questions from Katzung & Trevor’s Pharmacology: Examination & Board Review. Once you select this title, you’ll get a pop-up menu to login to your “MyAccess profile”. After logging in, sometimes you have to re-select the title, but usually you go right to the resource.
Select the number of questions you want to see and then select the Start Quiz button at the bottom. When finished, you can submit and see the answer after each question or submit when you are finished and see all of the results. The results will show you the correct answer and give a brief explanation. You’ll also see the percentage of ALL users who answered each question correctly. That is all users of the resource across all subscribers, not just UNR Med.
As with all Library resources, if you have questions, need additional information or training, please contact us at email@example.com.