The Savitt Medical Library is the academic medical library for the University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine. The University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine is an academic division of the University of Nevada, Reno and grants the Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree. The Savitt Medical Library was founded in July 1978, after the medical school converted to a four-year, degree-granting program. The Medical Library was named for Sol and Ella Savitt after their gift made support for the library and its collection possible. The Savitt Medical Library was previously known as the Life and Health Sciences Library and was housed in the Max C. Fleischmann College of Agriculture in 1958.